Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Father's Day Books for China Adoption Dad's



When we were researching all things China and waiting for our referral, this was one of my absolute favorite books. It is based on the story of a man living in China as a student in the 1980's and gives the stories of the people he encounters. My husband was gone for a weekend, and I could not put it down. It gave great cultural insight.











This is a favorite I check out from the local library frequently. I am going to purchase this myself, because the photos are so vivid and beautiful. It takes the reader through a series of writings and pictures about the everyday life of Chinese people. I could look at it for hours. Very nice pictures.











I am reading this book right now. It is a few years old, but from a historical context is a valuable read. It tells the story of China from several different perspectives. Xinran is always a great read.














Here are a couple more suggestions. My kids love Mercer Mayer.










No comments:

Post a Comment